When a person with a valid security clearance changes employer and continues to be holder of a clearance for professional reasons, a valid security clearance can be transferred to the new employer. To arrange this, the security officer of the former employer must return the certificate by mail to the National Security Authority, or destroy the certificate in accordance with the applicable rules. The safety officer of the new employer then sends an email to Habil@diplobel.fed.be with request for transfer of the clearance.
The National Security Authority shall examine the request and take a decision, provided that:
- the new employer has a valid security clearance for legal entities
- the individual security clearance is still valid
- A Need To Know has been demonstrated
- The level and scope are confirmed
- There are no changes in your personal situation
- An updated resume is submitted
If the evaluation bythe National Security Authority is positive, a valid security clearance certificate shall be mailed to the security officer of the new employer, who must must retain the certificate.